Hi! My name is Nicole! Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my website. I am an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. I help people tweak their everyday habits into healthier ones to create lasting change in their health. I specialize in helping women to improve their eating habits and get toxins out of their homes. I want to help moms to take the best care they can of themselves and their families. Read on to see why I went into this field and how I got into running my own coaching practice.
How I got into this health and wellness business:
- I’ve seen people in my family deal with things like Alzheimer’s Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Gout, Cancer, Hypothyroidism, Heart Disease, and more. I want to end these diseases with me. I don’t want to pass down some of the gene tags that come from lifestyle choices that can contribute to these illnesses. I want to help others end preventable chronic health issues like these and stop it with our generation. When possible, let’s not give to our future children the health struggles that our parents and grandparents had.
- I got my Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, but I wanted something more holistic, encompassing more than just food and exercise. So I went to the Institute of Integrative Nutrition online to get my health coaching certification. Diet and physical activity are key components to your health, but things like stress, sleep, and relationships can be just as vital for your wellness. I also believe that there is no one right diet or exercise for everyone, and that individuals should be treated as unique people with varying needs. I love that the holistic arena embodies this belief and knows that everyone has different requirements due to their ancestry and lifestyle. This is why I don’t preach one way of eating, but like to work with clients one-on-one to see what works best for them and their family.
- Our healthcare system in the US is messed up. Things are not in great order, and I believe the quality of care and education is not up to par. Many doctors don’t have the schedule, or are not trained to, make enough time for each patient to truly listen or educate them on needed dietary and lifestyle changes. I dislike the system of putting a quick band-aid over a chronic problem by simply prescribing expensive medications. I think it’s important to dig deep and find the root cause of the issue and then work naturally towards healing that when possible.
- Too many people in this society are struggling with preventable diseases which can be healed naturally using the correct protocols and given some time and attention. The Standard American Diet is wreaking havoc on our waistlines and aging us quickly. We are also being constantly bombarded with chemicals and toxins, on our food and in common household products. I like to take the time and educate people on these harmful ingredients that can often be avoided and replaced with healthier options.
- Our kids are growing up consuming packaged food products and not knowing where food really comes from and how real food is grown. I think it is important that we start teaching younger generations about wholesome, healthy foods and how to take good care of their bodies. Kids should know how to nourish themselves as they age and understand how to best care for their health to help them thrive. Right now most places in the US are setting them up for obesity and diabetes. So many daycares and schools serve tons of processed grains like bread, crackers, and cereal that are devoid of most needed nutrients and simply turn into sugar within the body. Instead, we could be providing them with more wholesome options and teaching them to eat the rainbow instead of all things packaged and processed. Let’s model for our kids how to eat whole foods that give the body what it needs.
- I also want to run my own business because my dream job of doing all this doesn’t exist in many places in the US. I love teaching children about nutrition and helping women to improve their wellbeing naturally. I hope to someday have my own children, and I want my work to be flexible so that I can be there for them when needed. I can’t wait to live out my calling by helping more people to learn about wellness.